WASH project in 8 schools in Minya Gov.
Funder: Caritas Switzerland
Overall Objective of the project:
Better Education for 4100 students in 8 schools in Minya Governorate.
- Improving the hygiene and environmental conditions inside the 8 targeted schools through developing infrastructure of toilets and sewage system
- Raising the awareness of student and teachers about environmental and health issues related to water, sanitation and hygiene through improving the teaching methods at schools, including the establishment of demonstrations and the link with the community level.
- Raise community and school awareness of girls’ rights and gender issues in schools.
- Enhance community participation through empowering the BOTs of the targeted schools, parents and teachers to guarantee the sustainability of the implemented activities.
- Raise the public awareness of the targeted communities in Minya, Tala, and Borgaya of the environmental and hygiene issues
- The Directorate of Education-Minya.
- Educational Constructions Body.
- Muslim Families Association-Minia.
- National Association-Tala.
- Freedom Association-Abo-henes.
Baseline Assessment of the Environmental situation in the Targeted schools:
Installing new Urinates
Maintenance of drinking water fountains basins
Installing new of drinking water fountain basins
Installing new hand wash basins
Sewage lines modifications
The Implemented Activities:
Start your project now
We believe in promoting people’s action, individual and collective, local, national and international, to tackle the environmental challenges we face.