Build and run 40 biogas plants and produce new, clean, and renewable source of energy and as a source of high-quality organic fertilizer.
GEF/SGP small grants program and UNDP
From Jun 1, 2015, to Jun 1, 2016
Overall objective of the project:
The following have been implemented Until Nov 30, 2015:
- Receiving the filled applications from the applicants in the 6 targeted villages Mallawi and Abukorkas districts.
- Forming 4 local community committees in four villages with an average of eight members in each committee and with a total of 32 members.
- Implementation 7 of awareness sessions to educate women and men about the following topics:
- Climate change and its impact on public health
- Crop management of crops growing in the places with adverse environmental conditions
- Recycling of solid waste.
- The importance of manure coming from the biogas plants for agriculture and crops.
- The impact of climate change on the environmental situation.
- Implementation of 29 training days out of 50 for the engineer and building technician in Minya.
Start your project now
We believe in promoting people’s action, individual and collective, local, national and international, to tackle the environmental challenges we face.